This project is read-only.

Error with Apps

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM
Edited Feb 16, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Let me first say that the Open Intel project is amazing. Congrats on getting this project off the ground. I'm currently playing around with the project and attempting to get it deployed on our test servers. Everything works right off the bat, however I'm am running an error with the Apps. Each time I tried to add a App through the management page I get a "unexpected character encountered while parsing value: C, Line 1, position 1". Additionally, the add apps button would be grey out. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Feb 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I just tested it in our opencensus2010.com deployment of OI. It seems to work fine. The connection string in "settings" in the OI Manager must have full access to the OI database you are using. Also, we released a fix a few days ago regarding the new support for connection string and Bing key being set in the Azure config, if you are not using the latest, please pick it up.

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I was able to track down my problem. It turns out I didn't set my web.config file to point to the local dev database. I initally thought that the connection string was limited to the configuration.cs file, but seems like I have to add in the connection string to web.config as well. Once that was set the app is working great. Thanks Brian.